Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Take-Over

"It was like I never slept that night if I recall. It was a wrong number that started it, the telephone ringing three times in the dead of night. I turned over and answered not one, not two, but three wrong number phone calls.
'Look,' I said frustrated at the forth time, 'MY NUMBER IS-' and thats as far as I got.
'Jessica Thomas?' A woman on the other line.
'Yes, Who is this?' Curious now.
'We need you right away! Its started happening- the take-over.'
'Who is it?' I asked.
'China, they started landing planes. They're asking for you.'
'It's because I didn't report to the base, isn't it?' Fear coming across like an explosion.
'Partly, but you were one of the easier ones to find.'
'Oh my God! What do I do?'
'Run. Run for your life.'
Click. That was it. That's Why we live here now."
"In this cave, Grandma?"
"Yep in this cave."

No comments:

Post a Comment