Thursday, October 8, 2009

Daughter of Sin

This piece originally started as a 6S original, a series of 6 six sentences.... Now hopefully, the start of a novel to come-  CJT


Part 1


“Have you seen me before,” he slimy voice asks, the stench emanating from his body was almost overwhelming, his robe flowing about him like moth eaten sheets when they sway in the breeze on wash day, his wings nothing more than a frame of bones, his shadow slithering around us like fog on a rainy morning, he grabbed my face with his corpse like hand, covered in rotting flesh, to make me look him in the eyes that he no longer had, “Not many have lived to see my twice, yet how many times now have you cheated death.”

 “No one to save you this time,” he licked his rotten teeth, his breath smelling of spoiled food, “God has forsaken you, he did after you turned your back on him and became what you are now.”

I could feel my body shaking with the intensity that it took not to shift forms, to him I was a little girl, the little girl that defied them all, with my shrieking temper and loud lungs I called death, I called him and told him to kill them all.

“Did God not tell you, the last time he saw you,” I curiously asked him, my eyes straining not to turn red from their perfect blue, “even Christ cannot do what I can, you see, I have control over you.”

His laughter like ocean waves smacking the cliff face, still holding my face he looked at me, smelled me, his rotten fleshy hand touched me, I remembered why God had forsaken me in the shining skies of Heaven, He, ashamed of his affair with Mary, not the first time for Christ, but for the second when he created me, the daughter of Sin.

No longer able to hold back, my formed changed into the grey mask of a woman, my red eyes filled with blood of the life filled souls he had taken for me, my wings the color of dark night spread out before us, “Come Grim Reaper,” I see him shudder under my dominate voice, “We have work to do.”

Part 2 - The Fall of Kokabiel


“Grim,” I ask picking at the remains of our most recent meal, “Why did God have to make you stink like the maggot filled bodies of the dead we leave after we are finished with them?”

“Why do you always call me Grim,” the slimy voice retorted, “do you even know my real name, Enepsigos,” I shake my head no, my black hair swaying around my face, “my name, my real name is Kokabiel, it means Star of God.”

“How could you be called the Star of God, when you work for Death,” what he was telling me made no sense at all, my blue eyes stared into his empty eye sockets, yearning for the answer, my life so much younger than his prevented me from knowing the history of Heaven that to him was common knowledge.

The Grim Reaper leaned in close to me, his hot breath stinging my ear, the gagging stench threatening to cut off my oxygen flow, “I was one of God’s favored, one of the First Quorum of Sons, the council was mine to guide, after Lucifer’s rebellion about The Plan of Salvation, it was left for the remainder of us to choose between Lucifer and Jehovah, the Quorum was divided, my choice was the same as Lucifer’s, for that God cursed me just as he did you.”

“Let me get this straight,” I leaned away from him to fill my lungs with fresh air, “God made you this way because you didn’t side with his Beloved?”

Nodding his head, the breeze caught his hood and whipped it away revealing his skull, a decaying layer of flesh still lined it, “It is time,” I whispered, my anger turning my eyes red again, “We must prepare to meet Death, and there is still much to do yet.”

Part 3 - A Date With Death


Angry and upset by what the Grim Reaper had told me about being one of the favored of God, I finished my work and fled to the forest where I let my change overtake me, the warm rays of first light warming my black feathers giving them the look of shimmering silver.

I sat holding my head in my hands, stifling my sobs, tears trickling down my face, thinking back to the day in Heaven’s bright hall, where He told me He was ashamed of me, He was ashamed of Himself for having to see Mary over and over, and because He was wallowing in His own grief, I was to be kicked out of Heaven, to be another one of His fallen Angels.

“It doesn’t help to relive the moment of the Fall,” Appollyn, The Angel of Death, stepped out of the darkness near me, gathering me into his harms he rocked me, kissing the tears from my cheeks, “Our Father betrayed us all.”

His steal wings surrounding us, looking in my eyes, stroking my face, counting the beats of my heart, time stopped and was still.

I awoke just as the sun was sinking below the horizon, alone, empty, and cold, spreading my wings I flexed them, took flight and began to search for Grim, “You’re late,” licking his blood covered teeth, “No worries though, I was told you had another date with Death.”

Smiling, I moved upwind, if there was anything that would ruin my appetite, it was feeding downwind of the Grim Reaper, I looked around, Grim reading my mind stiffly replied, “If you’re wondering where the hounds are, Death took them with him.”

Part 4 - Unexpected Events


Death’s hounds came running to us as soon as they smelled the putrid flesh of the Grim Reaper, stopping to lick my hands and face once they reached me.

They rubbed up along my knees and lead me back to their master, his face masked by the cloak of night, “Grim, the hounds will lead you to my latest victims,” we watched as he followed the dogs, his shadow of mist flowing around him as he strode away, “now, Enepsigos, come to me.”

I moved toward him, my movements slow and paced, Death pulled me to him and lifted his hood, the face of Apollyn, The Fallen Angel of Death, lay beneath, resting his ash colored hand on my belly, looking into my eyes, into my soul, knowing without a doubt that I’m carrying his child, his little angel.

My red eyes no longer the dominating force, turn blue, and look to him, my master, my lover, my Angel of Death.

“Trouble is coming, Enepsigos,” Apollyn whispers, pulling from his cloak a short sword, the blade made from the dust of stars, forged from the fires of hell, “a war Enepsigos, a war between the angels.”

As if hearing our words, Death’s hounds gave an eerie howl that split the night and The Grim Reaper approached, scythe held at the ready, “Master of Masters,” his slimy voice uttered, “the victims are missing.”

Part 5 - New Armor


“Grim,” Apollyn barked, “I need you to take Enepsigos and seek out Xaphan, the fallen angel who tends the fires of Hell, Enepsigos needs armor and I won’t leave her unprotected, he’ll know what to do, and Grim, protect her with everything you hold dear, she’s our future now, take the hounds, they also will help protect you.”

Angry tears flashed in my red eyes, threatening to spill over, Death shook me, “Never fear, Enepsigos, you are strong, stronger than God, and this will flow past us-” I turned and looked into his black eyes, kissed him and turned to look at Grim.

“We will fly hard, the Reaper and I, we shall reach the gates of hell, no one, not even God himself will stop us,” I turned back to face Death, watching him pull his black armor crested with a red eye surrounded by flames, “tell the others Apollyn, and let them know that I carry with a fierce intensity, the soul to save us all.”

I watched with hatred as Death took flight, first circling above Grim and I, like a vulture scouting for prey, then as he flew west into the cloud covered moon, my stubborn tears finally winning control, roll down my cheeks, and all the while I’m thinking, I never want to see him leave me again.

Being fitted for armor by Xaphan was like being touched by Grim, they both felt dirty, smelled bad, and left you a little sick, I held my stomach down until we could exit the gates of Hell, then Grim watched with quant satisfaction as I wrenched what remained of my last meal all over the ground, then we watched as Death’s hounds licked up the vile mess I had made, “Nasty Animals, aren’t they-” Grim mocked.

“Not any nastier than you-” I retorted back spreading my wings, readying for the flight back to show Death my new armor, a matching set to his.

Part 6 - A Shocking Revelation


God sitting on his “throne divine” in the Celestial Temple of Heaven listened intently as Gariel and Michael repeated what they had heard, “The know we’re coming,” Gabriel whined, “they’ve already started to prepare and collect followers, even more quickly and fiercely than we thought they would.”

“What have you heard of Death,” God asked Michael, “does he still stand ready for war, are there no negotiations being voiced?”

Raziel approached the throne, kneeling, he kissed God’s feet then said quietly, “Lord, our God, I have heard news, about Enepsigos,” taking a deep breath and seeing the shocked look on God’s face, he carefully continued, “I have heard that she is with child, not just any child, but Death’s Child.”

“WHAT,” God roared, shaking the temple with his quaking voice, “how can this be, no angel fallen or not can have children unless I give the power or make them a God themselves!”

“Father,” Michael stepped forward, “maybe this child of fallen angels is going to be born a god, or a demon, or breed of something so beyond us that we’ve never seen anything like it-” silence echoed through the temple, making all of them uncomfortable.

“Gabriel, you must bring me Jehovah, then seek out the oracles of the Shectun Stars, I must know what this means, what we are facing, and if we need to notify the Council of the Gods of Fathers to help with this war to bring down all of the fallen children of mine,” God looking shockingly grey, a color not seen by any since he had been chosen by his father to become a god, “Death must not know what knowledge we are seeking.”

No comments:

Post a Comment