Friday, October 23, 2009

Earth...

This piece was created in lue of a 6S challenge between 5 members myself included where we each took one element and wrote about it. - CJT

My beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

You take in my awe-inspiring creations: breathtaking mountain heights, barren wastelands, scorched deserts, calming forests, ice-covered islands, and each time you are moved by the serenity found within.

Every waking moment your vision is filled with the foundations I have created for everything living.

You easily forget that I'm constantly fed by your bloodshed which allows my body to create an ever-changing cycle of life, death, decay and rebirth.

When angered at your abuse of my body, I have unleashed monstrosities: by cracking my knuckles that you call plates, mountains have been devoured, by proclaiming my anger, you see volcanoes, from which lava and ash have spewed forth and destroyed whole civilizations.

I am Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment