Monday, February 15, 2010

Whispered Notes

The feeling of need is overwhelming.

Never before have I felt such remorse nor so alone.

I watch the sun fall below the horizon.

My thoughts whispering I’m sorry.

The moon smiles down on me.

He tells me someone’s coming.

I look at the fading light around me.

The music plays in my mind.

A voice sings in my soul.

My eyes close smothering me in darkness.

Arms gather me close.

We turn around and around in circles.

Love echoes in our ears.

It’s a marvelous night for a moon-dance.

Thanks to Michael J. Solender and The Sphere for providing the flash prompts for the week.

5 comments:

  1. That's a very sweet piece. "A voice sings in my soul" is a ver nice observation.

    By the way, did you mean thanks to the SPHERE?? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I did Paul! Thanks for catching it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moody but nice wording. I think- we have all felt that before-but never put it into words- I liked it

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to know i am good for something. Wondrous piece here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. And Haunting. A+ in my book.
    Illyria Taylor

    ReplyDelete