Sunday, March 14, 2010

FFF #24 - I Know That You Love Me

A kiss as sweet as the feel of rain on my skin in the middle of a hot summer’s day touched my lips, jolting me back to a life I had forgotten – a life where love was all that mattered and living life was just something to do.


Forgetting had been the easy part. Suddenly life had become important and all consuming. Love was placed on a back burner of our stove as our lives took on a whole new meaning of busy.

Busy was an understatement once graced with children and love was no longer a feeling but just words said in the passing on the way to work, before hanging up the phone, and right before bed…


Mixed feelings of love, desire, excitement, hatred, disappointment and disgust rushed into my head, heart, and body as I hesitantly returned the kiss to the owner of the soft lips that had just taken me for a ride down memory lane.

Before I could cover my feelings of confusion you caught a glimpse. Placing your hands on my hips you pulled me to you. Your arms wrapped around me provided me with feelings of comfort and relief that I’ve been craving but haven’t been able to find inside of any bottle of anti-depressants.

Holding my chin in your hand, looking into each other’s eyes you softly whisper to me, “Everything will work out, you’ll see.”

Bursting into tears I don’t quite see how. You brush the tears from my cheeks then without warning surprise me with a gift of yet another kiss – sweeter than the one before – sending me to a happy place where even memories dare not to tread…

8 comments:

  1. Very moving piece -- liked this: "Your arms wrapped around me provided me with feelings of comfort and relief that I’ve been craving but haven’t been able to find inside of any bottle of anti-depressants."

    And this had quite a poetic feel -- "You brush the tears from my cheeks then without warning surprise me with a gift of yet another kiss"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this but it left me wanting more. There's more to this story and I want to know it! No fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and poetic...I wish life was like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between you and David The Scot, you're all a bunch of saps. But I still liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic piece, and the final line was absolutely brilliant. Keep 'em coming, Nicole. Each piece is better than the last!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all been said above, Nicole. Keep it up. And don't listen to Randal...I'm English, I'm just hiding up in Scotland. :-)

    ReplyDelete