Sunday, June 27, 2010

Born to Kill

His smell permeated my senses causing me to change targets. A much more primal instinct overtook me and suddenly I could see him standing amidst the large group fighting for the government handouts. Starve the people until the threats could be removed, had been their orders for the last year. The government had seen a drop in morale in the troops, especially those employed that weren’t natural born killers, like me. I was disgusted for having to beg, but still I followed suit until I was standing just behind him; I leaned in close and whispered “gotcha”. His surprised expression never registered to those around him. My kiss on his neck had turned him to stone that simply disintegrated, dust was all that was carried away on the light breeze.

3 comments:

  1. I like that one Nic. If you don't mind me saying though, the last sentence doesn't seem quite right. I think there sould be another full stop in there rather than the comma's. That's only my opinion though and I'm just a scribbler. Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right David. The original piece had to fit as six sentences, so I did what I could.

    Thanks for coming to visit!

    ReplyDelete