Monday, June 28, 2010

Inside the Curious Mind of ME

All I’ve been able to do since watching The Silence of the Lambs today while my kids were napping and Red Dragon last weekend when they were away, is think about the mysterious mind of Dr. Hannibal Lector. He’s always on my mind, sometimes in the front like tonight, and at other times slinking around in the dark shadows and crevices. If ever there was a person that I would want to meet it would be him, don’t ask me why, it’s just an infatuation, or so I keep telling myself. I want to know how his mind works; after all I love his infectious mind games that he plays with the FBI agents and his psychiatrist, it keeps me wanting to know more and why they never really ask is beyond me. I’ve always had a thing for cannibals, and I guess that’s why I love vampires so much… they are so similar yet not so. I wish he had a journal to his mind, something tangible that I could read through, because then maybe I could find the answer to the one question I constantly ask my sick and twisted self: how was it that he became what he was?

5 comments:

  1. Oh that's easy. He's so twisted because he had children and they drove him nuts.

    I'd also recommend the film "Manhunter" where you meet the good Dr. for the first time. It has a killer sound track.

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny - I just think that I would shoot dr. h.l. on sight...i dont want to know how he thinks...i want to know how i can kill him. Hes NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question. Maybe the movies did it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really getting worried about you.........are Shawna and I safe to walk with you tonight?? J/K. I would also like to know why certain people turn out the way they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only plausible explanation is that the doctor was once a politician. That'd make anyone nuts.

    ReplyDelete