Tuesday, August 17, 2010

FFF #38 A Simple Request

I know I'm a little late on this one, but the words hit me today, and they had to be written, so forgive me this.
FFF #38 A Simple Request

Like a snake
You coil
Your foul body around...
Careful or
I might
Walk into trouble.

You toil with tools
Not fully understood
While I sit
Watching
Tracking Your
Hidden motives.

Keep sifting
Through the rubble
And maybe-
Just maybe
You’ll find
Something of value.

You’ve hurt me
It’s true
Your
“behind the scene”
Attacks
were brutal.

Moving forward
I’m now doing.
If you’re not careful
You’ll find
The trouble
You’re brewing
Will backfire
And bubble.

So for my sake
And yours
I’m asking you
Woman to woman,
Woman to man-

Please,
STOP
Stewing and brewing
Your hatred
And just leave me
And my writing be.

3 comments: