Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Legend Comes to Life

My eyes strained to see as I groped my way through the heavy mist that had settled.  My foot caught on the edge of one of many headstones that littered the dark floor. Reaching out I barely caught myself before tumbling headfirst into another headstone. Carefully I stood, catching my breath and realized that I had made it. The headstone that had stopped my fall was graced with an ornate angel atop and said to be haunted – for the angel represented the angel of death. What’s the big deal—it’s just as statue, I wondered, until I felt the bite of a sharp blade sliding across the front of my neck.

5 comments:

  1. I love a happy ending. Sharp and punchy as usual CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, CJ. Short, sharp and to the point! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary! Enough to put me off my other hobby - trekking around cemeteries! :-o

    It's a "gud 'un", m'lady! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't get any tighter than that. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes, Nic, you scare me just a little.

    ReplyDelete