Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bring in the NEW YEAR

With all the changes this year, I have to admit, I’m really looking forward to bringing in the New Year. I think that this has been my most challenging year so far (that’s not saying much since I’m only 25, but hey). With such crazy developments and changes over the past 12 months, who could blame me?

A rocky front at work has left me missing old co-workers and trying to welcome in the new while trying to stay on top of all the changes. The mindset of “no more euthanasia” for me at the animal shelter has really helped with my sleeping habits, and I can now say I remember what a real night’s sleep is - and I must say, I enjoy it immensely!

Hardships at home were no better. My marriage fell apart and progressed to the point of saying NO to my husband of almost 6 years. Packing his things and moving him out of our house was one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make. Followed by a messy divorce (that still isn’t anywhere near finished), moving into a new home with my children, and trying to make a Christmas out of nothing (which I did thanks to the help of many great friends), its been a tough year.

Number 1 thing I learned this year through all of the hardships, my children are first and foremost the most important thing in my life, and Number 2, I can do anything I put my mind to, for example, the biggest thing for me, survive, second, be published in a book (I was published in 9!!!), and third, be the best person you can be no matter the situation.

Big things are coming next year, and no I’m not talking about the apocalypse, although it may be coming… I’m talking about progression and moving forward, and a positive outlook for my girls and I.

All the best to us all in 2011!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Go Nicole!! Look at what a strong woman you've become! I wish only the best for you in 2011. Love ya tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it: "progression and moving forward, and a positive outlook" - you've no doubt learned a lot this year that you haven't even begun to assimilate which will give you further strength for the forthcoming ones. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing you all the best in 2011
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you! Wondering what you've been up to lately, and it sounds like a lot- and I'm sorry for all of the challenges. I know how hard it is to go through some of these things, been there too, not in the same ways of course but it is difficult and stressful.
    Here's hoping that this year is a year of happiness. Hang in there. ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete